- Parties confidentially address issues that create conflict with the assistance of impartial mediators.
- Parties stay in control of the process, decide personally what the relevant issues are that need to be addressed and how to address them.
- The mediation process takes place within the famework of the law.
- Parties retain the right to consult with their legal representatives at all times.
- The mediation process is voluntary and any party may withdraw from it at any time.
- Parties bind themselves to participate in negotiations until a satisfactory agreement is reached on the division of assets, the interests of children and other relevant issues.
- An attempt is made to reach a mutually satisfactory settlement agreement which the parties may present to their legal representatives for verification and incorporation in their divorce order.
- If the parties do not succeed in reaching a settlement agreement, points in issue are narrowed and clearly identified.
- All consultation, mediation and facilitation sessions are held in strict confidence and privacy.
- All negotiations takes place without prejudice.